The Mississippi Public Education PAC’s mission is to recommend and elect pro-public education candidates to the Mississippi Legislature. We recommend and elect candidates who are passionate about and friendly toward public education. We are a nonpartisan organization.
WHAT WE DO
The Mississippi Public Education PAC was launched by a group of passionate public school parents from around the state who have banded together to advocate for strong public schools. Our goal is to strengthen, support and protect existing public schools in the state by providing financial resources to campaigns of legislative candidates on both sides of the aisle who will stand up for strong public schools.
Our guiding principles include the following:
• We support quality public education for all our children, including our most gifted and our most vulnerable.
• We seek to promote and protect adequate and equitable funding for public schools.
• We seek to ensure that public dollars (local and state taxes) are used to fund public education.
• We believe our leadership should exercise caution in funding experimental education programs, and those decisions should be guided by the education leaders in our school districts.
• We support local control of public education and respect for our professional educators.
• We insist on funding to meet state and federal mandates.
• We insist on resources and policies that seek to retain and recruit highly qualified educators in every classroom.
• We support academic and financial accountability measures that are fair to students and teachers and helpful in improving student achievement.